Our Immigration Solicitors in Manchester can provide you with clear and comprehensive advice in respect of any immigration application or appeals process you require assistance with.
Our team take the time to carefully understand your situation and which immigration application will apply to you. After that point, you will be provided with precise, timely and professional advice.
We offer one off advice, an application checking service or full support and advice throughout the application and appeals process.
Our Immigration Solicitors are able to represent clients appealing to the Immigration and Asylum Chamber and also advise on applications seeking permission to bring Judicial Review Proceedings.
We understand how stressful the immigration process can be. At John Poyser Solicitors you can expect to receive a personal, efficient and realistic service at all times.
John Poyser Solicitors do not undertake legal aid work for Immigration.
Initial Consultation (for any case)
£100 plus VAT = £120
Types of Application/Claim (Excluding Appeals & Advocacy)
Level 1 Applications:
Replacement Residence Permits (BRP, NTL)
£600 + VAT = £720
Level 2 Applications:
EEA/EU residence and permanent residence
£850 + VAT = £1020
Level 3 Applications:
Spouse, partner, civil or unmarried partners of non-EU nationals
Parent route applications
Dependent child Visas
Long residence in the UK
£1200 – £1500 plus VAT = £ 1440 – £1800
Level 4 Applications:
Adult Dependent Relatives
Points based system applications
£2500 – £3000 + VAT = £3000 – £3600
All other applications including –
Judicial Review (excluding Counsel’s fees)
£5000 -£7000 + VAT = £6000 – £8400
Completing and submitting an appeal form or application for Administrative Review
£400 + VAT = £480
All Appeals – preparation of case (excluding advocacy)
£3000 + VAT = £3,600
Advocacy – FEE PER HEARING (including travel time and expenses)
Case Management Review Hearing /Directions Hearings in Manchester, Birmingham & Nottingham
£600+ VAT = £720
Full Hearing in Nottingham, Birmingham or Manchester
£900+VAT = £1080
The fees quoted above are fixed and include VAT which is applied at the current rate of 20%.
Hearings at other venues can be discussed on request.
The fixed costs quoted above do not include the cost of disbursements which will be separately payable.
Examples of disbursements are:
1. Home Office fees for making the application. These are different according to the type of application. Please refer to www.gov.uk/government/publications/visa-regulations-revised-table for the up to date fee payable.
2. First-tier Tribunal (Immigration and Appeals Chamber) appeal fee.
If an appeal is required then it will cost, for each person appealing, either:
• £80 for an appeal to be determined on the papers provided; or
• £140 for an appeal to be determined at an oral hearing.
3. Interpreting and Translation Services. The charges are between £24 – £36 per hour. This includes VAT. The number of hours will depend upon the work to be carried out.
4. Medical Report Fees. These could be between £360 – £1800 depending on the type of expert report required. The fees quoted include VAT.
5. Barristers Fees where required. These could be between £600 – £2000 depending upon the required service.
This is not an exhaustive list and is meant purely as a guide. The exact amount with regards to the disbursements will be calculated, once it is clear what the nature of the application is and what supporting evidence is required to be obtained.
Applications for each additional person will be chargeable at the rate of 50% + VAT per person. For example, if the fixed fee is £600 inclusive of VAT for the first applicant, the fixed fee for the additional person will be £300 inclusive of VAT.
The costs quoted above may vary depending upon the amount of supporting evidence we are provided with. Should enough evidence be made available to us in our first meeting and it is clear that you meet the applicable Immigration Rules, the cost is likely to be at the above quoted or within the lower end of the brackets advised of above depending upon the type of application.
Services included in the fixed fees quoted:
• Discussing your circumstances in detail and confirming what is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be available to you.Giving you advice about the requirements of the Immigration Rules and whether you meet the relevant criteria.
• If you do not fulfil certain criteria, we will discuss whether this can be overcome.
• Considering the supporting evidence you have provided.
• Where necessary, helping you obtain further evidence (such as medical records and bank statements), including taking statements from any witnesses.
• Preparing your application and submitting it on your behalf.
• Attendance at a Home Office interview: if the Home Office ask you to attend an interview, we will give you clear advice (and discuss the possibility of us attending with you) at the appropriate time.
• Giving you advice about the outcome of the application.
The fixed fee quoted does not include:
• Advice on the merits of a further or new application.
• Advice and preparation of an appeal.
How long will my application take?
We cannot guarantee how long the Home Office will take to process your application. Please Read the current processing times.
Submitting your application
We will normally be able to submit your application within 2-4 weeks of you instructing us, but we will let you know at the earliest opportunity if it is likely to take longer than this.
The complexity and facts of your case may mean that it could take longer to prepare and submit your application. This is something we will keep you updated on as soon as this becomes clear.
Who will deal with my case?
The work you instruct us to undertake on your behalf, will be carried out by a Legal Assistant under the direct and close supervision of a Senior Solicitor with over 10 years experience.
Here at John Poyser Solicitors, we pride ourselves on the experience and expertise our dedicated solicitors have amassed over the years. We always strive to achieve the very best results for our clients and will go the extra mile to do so.