At John Poyser Solicitors we understand how complicated employment law can be. If you feel that your working rights are not being supported within your workplace, that you are not respected at work or that you have been unfairly treated then you must seek expert legal representation. Our expert Employment Solicitors in Manchester can guide you through this difficult time and offer you the support you need.
Often, employers will explore every avenue available to them to avoid court action. When an employer is receptive to discussions and compromises our employment solicitors will use all of their experience to reach an amicable outcome. This will cause less stress for all parties involved and dramatically reduce costs.
However, this process is not always possible and in some cases, situations will become more hostile leaving reconciliation harder to achieve. Here at John Poyser, our Employment Solicitors in Manchester will be there for you throughout the entire process, ensuring that your interests are always at the forefront of any action. We will assist you through this difficult time and make the entire legal journey as stress-free as possible for you and your family.
Below are just a few of the employment law disputes that we can we can help you with:
1. Industrial Action
4. Maternity and Paternity leave
4. Unfair Dismissal
5. Equal Pay
6. Employment Contracts
EMPLOYMENT LAW FEES
We act for both employees and employers. Our employment law work is headed by Raimahinder Daniel Singh, senior Consultant Solicitor. Overall supervision remains with John Poyser.
Examples of the areas our employment solicitors can advise you on include:
• Settlement agreements
• Contracts of employment
• Post-termination restrictions/restrictive covenants
• Grievance and disciplinary disputes
• Maternity rights
• Unfair dismissal
We offer a number of funding options such as:
• An agreed hourly rate
• Legal insurance funding
• No win no fee/contingency/damages based funding
Our prices and costs explained
1) Settlement Agreements
Your employer will generally make a contribution to your legal fees if they offer you a settlement agreement. This usually starts at £250 (excluding VAT). If you are happy with the agreement and you simply want advice on the contents and the legal implications of signing it, we will not charge you any more than your employer’s contribution.
2) Employment Claims
Our pricing for bringing and defending claims for unfair or wrongful dismissal
• Simple case: £2,000.00 – £6,000.00 (excluding VAT)
• Medium complexity case: £2,000.00 – £10,000.00 (excluding VAT)
• High complexity case: £10,000.00 + (excluding VAT)
Factors that could make a case more complex:
• If it is necessary to make or defend applications to amend claims or to provide further information about an existing claim
• Defending claims that are brought by litigants in person
• Making or defending a costs application
• Complex preliminary issues such as whether the claimant is disabled (if this is not agreed by the parties)
• The number of witnesses and documents
• If it is an automatic unfair dismissal claim e.g. if you are dismissed after blowing the whistle on your employer
• Allegations of discrimination which are linked to the dismissal
There will be an additional charge for attending a Tribunal Hearing of £250.00 per day (excluding VAT). Generally, we would allow 1-3 days depending on the complexity of your case.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Counsel’s fees estimated between £250.00 plus VAT to £1000.00 plus VAT per day (depending on experience of the advocate) for attending a Tribunal Hearing (including preparation). In certain circumstances we are able to offer to take your case on a no win no fee basis. Further, many people have Employment Protection Insurance as part of their home insurance or even a standalone policy. This means that quite often the insurance company will pay your legal fees and you have the right by law to the freedom of choice of your own law firm to protect you, so rather than being forced to have an insurers own legal adviser who may not be local to you, you can choose a local experienced solicitor to fight for you.
The fees set out above cover all of the work in relation to the following key stages of a claim:
Taking your initial instructions, reviewing the papers and advising you on merits and likely compensation (this is likely to be revisited throughout the matter and subject to change) Entering into pre-claim conciliation where this is mandatory to explore whether a settlement can be reached;
• Preparing claim or response
• Reviewing and advising on claim or response from other party
• Exploring settlement and negotiating settlement throughout the process
• Preparing or considering a schedule of loss
• Preparing for (and attending) a Preliminary Hearing
• Exchanging documents with the other party and agreeing a bundle of documents
• Taking witness statements, drafting statements and agreeing their content with witnesses
• Preparing bundle of documents
• Reviewing and advising on the other party’s witness statements
• Agreeing a list of issues, a chronology and/or cast list
• Preparation and attendance at Final Hearing, including instructions to Counsel
The stages set out above are an indication and if some of stages above are not required, the fee will be reduced. You may wish to handle the claim yourself and only have our advice in relation to some of the stages. This can also be arranged on your individual needs.
How long will my matter take?
The time that it takes from taking your initial instructions to the final resolution of your matter depends largely on the stage at which your case is resolved. If a settlement is reached during pre-claim conciliation, your case is likely to take 1-4 weeks. If your claim proceeds to a Final Hearing, your case is likely to take 6-12 months. This is just an estimate and we will of course be able to give you a more accurate timescale once we have more information and as the matter progresses.
Need expert advice? Let us help:
For any further information on how we can help you, please contact us.
Here at John Poyser Solicitors, we pride ourselves on the experience and expertise our dedicated solicitors have amassed over the years. We always strive to achieve the very best results for our clients and will go the extra mile to do so.